Scouts Kirkcaldy

Click here to edit subtitle

COVID-19 Coronavirus Update

Friday 19th March 2021


Wemyss Firs

Wemyss Firs is reopening for non-residential day or evening activities from 1st April 2021. Our risk assessments have been approved by the Regional Commissioner and all of our safety measures are now in place to ensure you can deliver outdoor face-to-face Scouting safely at Wemyss. For more information or to download the risk assessment, please visit the Wemyss Firs page.

Thursday 11th March 2021

Following the recent announcement from the Scottish Government relating to some easing of restrictions and in line with the strategic framework, we can confirm that Scouting in Scotland (along with other youth work providers) will be moving back to the Amber readiness level from tomorrow, Friday 12 March 2021.

Wemyss Firs
We have submitted Risk Assessments to enable us to open Wemyss Firs for non-residentual day or evening activities for small local Groups. We will provide a further update as and when we have approval to open and the safety measures have all been fully implemented.
Tuesday 5th January 2021

You will be aware that the Scottish Government has announced that tighter Coronavirus restrictions will apply in mainland Scotland from today. This will affect how we deliver youth work across the country. As always, our number one priority must be to safeguard the health and wellbeing of our members, their families and the wider community.

Scouting in Scotland has now moved to the Red level of readiness meaning that Scouting can only be delivered online at this time. The situation will be reassessed as soon as the Scottish Government reviews the situation with schools and we will provide a further update at this time.

Monday 30th November 2020


Wemyss Firs

We're working hard to reopen Wemyss Firs for day and evening activities in early 2021. We know that Groups will be eager to resume face-to-face Scouting and outdoor adventure. Although we cant offer camping or overnight stays just yet, we know that we still have a facility that Groups can utilise.


The safety and welfare of our visitors will always be our top priority so we are taking some time to ensure that our risk assessments are completed thoroughly and that our facilities are well prepared for hosting Groups again.


We will provide a further update in the coming weeks, see you soon!!

Tuesday 16th June 2020


Wemyss Firs

We continue to follow government advice and are now cancelling bookings within a rolling six week period. Our bookings coordinator will contact the Groups affected to arrange a refund or credit note for future booking.


We are currently not accepting any new bookings until such times as it is deemed safe to camp by the government and the Scout Association. The safety and wellbeing of our visitors remains our highest priority and we will continue to adapt as new advice becomes available.


Our maintenance programme continues to ensure the site remains in good condition for when Groups are allowed to return.

Monday 16 March 2020


Late this afternoon, the Prime Minister has said that everyone in the UK should now avoid non-essential travel and contact with others.


Suspension of face-to-face activities

Given this guidance, all face-to-face Scout meetings, activities and events must be suspended from tomorrow, Tuesday, 17 March 2020. This suspension applies to young people and adults, and will be until further notice.


We must continue to respond to the developing situation in a calm, measured and appropriate way. We will continue to follow official guidance. The safety of everyone involved in Scouts, both young people and adults, is our number one priority. That is always at the heart of our decision making.


Wemyss Firs

Our District Campsite, Wemyss Firs will remain closed until further notice. At this stage we have cancelled all bookings through to the end of April and have contacted the Groups affected to arrange a full refund or credit note for future booking. We are not cancelling bookings from May onwards for now, though that may change as guidance evolves and time passes.


We appreciate that Groups may wish to have more certainty for planning purposes for May and beyond, so may wish to cancel their booking. Please get in touch should you wish to discuss.


Our booking system will remain open for July onwards for now. Again this may change as guidance evolves.


Government advice

The Government's Coronavirus (COVID-19) webpage is frequently updated as things develop, so please check it regularly at www.gov.uk/coronavirus.